Winter 2017- 2018, Kaladunghi, India
November 9th – November 19th, 10 days
November 9th – December 19th, 40 days
The retreats will take place in Kaladunghi, Camp Corbett, in Corbett National Park:
Tel: +91 – 9917201316
The nearest railway stations are Ramnagar and Haldwani. Both stations are around 30 minutes’ drive from the resort. You can book trains and find schedule information at: makemytrip.com and cleartrip.com
If you need assistance with train information/bookings please email to Mr. Joshi, our train travel agent, who can book the train ticket for you. You may pay for your purchased ticket later on, upon registration to the retreat. Mr. Joshi’s mail is email@example.com. Please mention that you are a student of Anadi.
From either railway station you can take a taxi to Camp Corbett. You may ask the taxi driver to phone Camp Corbett in order to get directions.
If you are due to arrive in either Ramanagar or Haldwani by train after dark, please be advised that it may not be possible to get a taxi from the train station to Camp Corbett. We therefore recommend that you book a taxi in advance through the taxi driver connected with Camp Corbett:
* Sidiki at +91-9412981382 or +91 8958 639 482
The taxi rates should be:
Small car: 800 rs
Small car: 9 pm to 6 am – 900 rs
Big car: 1400 (same for all hours)
Small car: 1000 rs
Small car: 9 pm to 6 am – 1100 rs
Big car: 1500 (same for all hours)
The driver will wait for you outside the main entrance to the station carrying a sign with your name on it. If it is your first time in India, or you do not feel confident to make these arrangements, we would be happy to assist you. If so, please reply to this email.
As a general rule we would recommend that you try to arrive during the day, for this reason.
Arrival at the Retreat
Students are requested to arrive to the center any time on the 9th of November. Registration will be from 13:00-17:00, please arrive no later than 15:00.
The fee for the retreat includes the night of the 9th November.
If you wish to arrive to Camp Corbett prior to the 9.11.17, please write to Camp Corbett directly and CC us in that same mail, or inform us by writing us a separate mail.
As soon as you know your date and time of arrival, please let us know
What to Bring:
Camp Corbett is a nature reserve in the foothills of the Himalaya. It is quite cold at night and there is a lot of wildlife in the surrounding forest. Given this, here is a list of items to pack:
Necessary to bring:
- 2 copies of your passport and visa to give to the local manager at registration.
- Flash light
- Warm clothes / jacket (night time and rainy weather can get cold)
- White clothes for the hall, including a shawl (while we recommend that you wear white in the hall, it is not obligatory. However, any clothes worn should be plain and not have strong images or lettering on them)
Recommended to bring:
- Vit C and multivitamines
- Psylium Husk or digestive aids
- Oil of Oregano or GSE (a natural remedy for healing and preventing stomach bugs, coughs and colds)
- Basic first aid kit
- Ear plugs
- Shoes for exercise
- Mosquito repellent
- Water bottle
- Yoga mat
- Hot water bottle
- Candles (there are occasionally short black outs at the camp)
- Umbrella, rain coat, suitable shoes ( for rain )
- Additional Bedding (Blankets are provided in the rooms, but those who are sensitive to cold weather are encouraged to bring their own additional bedding)
- Combination Lock (in case you would like to store things between retreats)
There is a river flowing next to the retreat center. For those students who wish to bathe in the river, it is recommended to bring:
- A bathing suit (for men)
- In respect of local customs, women are required to bathe in a sarong or in light clothing.
Bedding, soap, laundry powder and toilet paper will be provided in the rooms. The center also provides meditation cushions, but it is recommended also to bring your own cushion.
Cost of the Retreat
Please email us with questions regarding rates and costs for the retreats.
If you have any questions regarding the above you are welcome to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org